Monday, December 14, 2009

Can dog nipples have blackheads? what's this black stuff?!!?

Recently I have noticed little black points in my dog's nipples (the nipples are pink). When you squeeze these black stuff they actually come out (though sometimes the dog looks like it hurts if u put too much pressure)





Is it dirtiness? She is a 5 y/o inside dog, so that's not probable.





They are so gross! Help me make her not have that stuff!Can dog nipples have blackheads? what's this black stuff?!!?
actually, dogs can get blackheads.. hairless dogs are prone to acne and blackheads.





The best thing for it is to NOT PICK! Picking at them is not only painful, but can irritate the skin and make breakouts worse. You can even cause the skin to break out in a staph infection if you irritate it and she has the bacteria on her skin.





Diet can affect the skin.. you may want to first assess what you are feeding your dog. You can clean the area every few days with a mild dog shampoo too to help keep the skin clean to prevent acne.. they do sell benzoil peroxide shampoo at the vets, but its very drying to the skin.








Honestly, if you think its blackheads, a ';less is more'; approach is probably best.. a good diet, regular grooming, and mild, but conditioning dog shampoo works best to keep skin in good shape... otherwise LEAVE IT ALONE! You're doing more harm to your dog by picking and squeezing. The blackheads are not dangerous or causing her any problems.. it bothers you more than it bothers her!Can dog nipples have blackheads? what's this black stuff?!!?
Just like any person's skin can get blackheads, so can your dog's skin.


It doesn't matter if you have an inside or outside dog, how regularly they are groomed, etc.


I have a 7 y/o APBT and she is also an inside dog.


I wouldn't go around squeezing them and getting them out. Just leave them, or you may risk infection. It doesn't bother your dog.
It is normal. Do not squeeze the dogs nipples. It is painful, and can cause infection. Which would explain stuff coming out. If you are concerned-show the vet.
That is so disgusting - why do you have to share something like that? To even notice is a little warped, but broadcasting it is revolting. Take it to a vet or call one for sh*t's sake.
Its dirt, you can pick it out if it bugs you.
Could be excess body oil that collects tiny particles of dirt, like blackheads are.
Why are you squeezing your dogs nipples?

16 comments:

  1. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. do male dogs have nipples

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness I'm not the only one wondering why the hell this woman is squeezing her poor dogs nipps !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dog has the same condition,inside dog and I bath her regularly. I assume she is talking about the area around the nipple not the nipple itself. That's where my dog has them. Its not something I was looking for, but as her stomach region is pink and has little hair they are very noticeable as they contrast the color of her stomach region.

      Delete
    2. Use a toothpick to gently remove them. Much safer

      Delete
    3. I plucked it is hair thats dark at tips

      Delete
  3. I guess I am gross for looking at my dogs nipples also! So... Dont feel bad! I guess us nipple lookers notice something odd so we (wondering/ worry) what it could be!. I searched this to see what it was i just noticed on my pits nipples... ... Thank you to everyone that commented something worthy of reading and not feeling weird about it!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm clearly y'all never had a dog you cared for if you'd dont 1. Notice something off and 2. Try to figure out what it is and do research for ppl commenting amd insinuating that something's wrong with the owner for doing so. Smdh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plucked it is hair thats dark at tips

      Delete
  5. I just got an rescue dog who has blackspots on her nippels. I was really worried but this article helped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dog has same thing n they are waxy gonna try this tomorrow or our aloe vera

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dog has them on her belly and on her nipples. I was told they were ingrown hairs. It doesn't bother her at all and I have had her for a year and they have developed since she came to me, which makes me feel horrible. But I have tested to see what they are oh, I take a eyebrow tweezer and gently pluck a couple of them out. And they just look like little black hairs. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mines the same but they are white instead.. I stopped taking them out. It felt weird but it make me feel terrible if I didn’t get them out cause I thought they were bothering her.

      Delete
  8. I appreciate the NON JUDGMENTAL comments and I loved the response from the person that said "you've obviously never owned or loved a pet". With my pup,I noticed them because she's a total tummy rub girl. If someone pays attention and starts petting her,she immediately drops to the ground on her back and her eyes just plead "belly rubs PWEEEEZ" lol. She is very pale on her belly and nipples and these black things are very noticeable. Imho, you are NOT the weird,or as the judgy person said, "warped" one....that person is the one with the problem.To say that a person is "warped" just because they are an OBSERVANT and CARING pet owner is the truly warped one. You keep being the good pet parent that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's what i do?

    Hydrate my dogs. Skin releases the toxins.
    Less chances of blackheads or any kinda skin problems.

    Next i apply talcum powder voraciously.
    This makes the skin dry and the black heads do not form easily.
    Just keep applying.

    I regularly just wet the tummy area and wherever the dog gets black heads. Take a brush and gently scrub with soap or shampoo. I do this once in 3 days. Then i apply talcum immediately powder immediately.

    Basically i do not let the problem go beyond a point that is where the key is.

    You constantly keep an eye and nip the problem at the start itself.

    So i just gently wet the dog, brush it, wipe of tissue or cloth and apply talcum powder. Just 2 mins, i do it every 3 days.

    Once the problem is under control, i just apply talcum powder daily twice or thrice. It controls to 70 percent of the black heads.

    ReplyDelete